Posted in: Job Vacancies
Job Title: Development Manager
Hours: Full -time
Salary: £36,000 – £42,000
Reports to: Chief Executive
Location: Brockley, London with flexible working from home
We are seeking an experienced development manager who has an excellent track record of leading growth programs and securing new business and funding within the charity sector.
You will need to have excellent relationship building skills enabling you to build partnerships with new organisational partners, funders, central government, statutory services, other charities and individual givers.
You will need experience building a pipeline and being the driving force on securing multi-year partnerships in order to achieve our ambitious growth strategy.
Mosac has been delivering unique support services for the families of victims of Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) for over 25 years. In a safe environment, we offer free services to families affected by CSA, all of whom are vulnerable with some being excluded, or facing other forms of hardship. Mosac’s services include a national Helpline, Counselling, Play Therapy, Advocacy & Advice, Training and Email support services. We enable families to achieve and sustain an improved quality of life by rebuilding confidence, alleviating isolation, improving well-being and resilience, promoting inclusion and empowering individuals to move on with their lives, with the skills and knowledge to safeguard themselves and their children in the future.
- Support the design, implementation and evaluation of a new national growth plan
- Together with the CEO, you will support all aspects of the rollout of Mosac’s new growth program across the UK.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the project management of the rollout, ensure strong engagement from the existing team and new partner organisations
- Lead on the development of a business plan:
- Working with the CEO and the Service Managers you will be responsible for developing a business plan to implement the strategic plan of the organisation
- You will support the CEO on the development of the organisation’s annual plans and 3 years strategies
- Horizon Scanning:
- To identify new potential organisational partners
- To undertake horizon scanning and market research to help identify new income generation opportunities for Mosac.
- Relationship Building:
- To develop and nurture relationships with potential project partners, including third, public and corporate sector partners
- Building strong relationship with existing and new funding partners
- Lead on submission of applications, proposals and tenders:
- Together with the CEO and service managers, develop project design for individual applications and tenders
- Lead on the writing and submission of applications, proposals and tenders
- Lead on grant and contract reporting
- Facilitate the program and financial data for reporting
- Submit comprehensive reports inline with contract requirements
- Profile Raising
- Support the CEO and service managers on raising the profile of the organisation through partnership building and marketing
- Management of organisations social media and comms strategy
- Lead on the refinement of business development tools:
- Review and refine Mosac’s current business development tools and materials.
- Other Responsibilities
- Attending regular Mosac staff and team meetings
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties required from time to time by the charity
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- At least 5 years experience of project management of multi-partner growth programs
- At least 5 years experience in Fundraising/Development in the Charity/Social enterprise sector
- Strong track record of income generation from sources including, trusts and foundations, central and local government and other statutory providers including CCGs and PCC’s.
- Excellent track record of leading on the co-design of new programs
- Experience of leading on the development of a business and income plan for an organisation
- High level communication skills, including experience of communicating effectively across cultures and with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent IT skills – with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Personal Attributes and Behaviours
- Empathy with Mosac’s clients
- Highly resilient
- Ability to manage own/ joint workload and prioritise tasks for self and others
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Conscientious, resilient and self-disciplined
- Demonstrates the ability to build rapport with quickly and to understand needs, wants and expectations
- Works effectively and calmly under pressure
Deadline: 16th September 2021
Please apply through Charity Job
Please upload a CV and Cover Letter (of no more than 2 pages).
Please note applications without a cover letter will not be considered.