Posted in: Job Vacancies
Job Title: Head of Services
Reports to: CEO
Location: Brockley, London and Home Working
Forming part of our Senior Leadership Team, the successful candidate will lead the team responsible for all aspects of service delivery across the organisation. This includes service design, line management, resource and performance management, client engagement and safe practice across all aspects of Mosac’s work.
Your knowledge, skills and experience will be rooted in the design, development and management of therapeutic services supporting those who have been through significant trauma. The successful candidate will have significant experience of managing multi-regional/national teams. You will have a strong track record in delivering outcome focussed services, that are co-produced with recipients of the service.
You must be an inspiring leader, with the ability to support teams through periods of change, all the while maintaining high quality services for our clients. You will be a solution focussed problem solver with the ability to stay focussed on the strategy ahead while keeping a finger on the day-to-day detail.
Mosac has been delivering unique support services for the families of victims of Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) for nearly 30 years. In a safe environment, we offer free services to families affected by CSA, all of whom are vulnerable with some being excluded, or facing other forms of hardship. Mosac’s services include a national Helpline, In-person and Online Counselling, Play Therapy, Advocacy & Advice and Parent Facilitation Support services. We enable families to achieve and sustain an improved quality of life by rebuilding confidence, alleviating isolation, improving well-being and resilience, promoting inclusion and empowering individuals to move on with their lives, with the skills and knowledge to safeguard themselves and their children in the future.
We are at a critical point in our development as we reach our 30th anniversary. We will be transitioning from a organisation with national reach through our helpline to a national organisations with online services that are able to deliver all of our services to clients across the UK and regional face-to-face work in multiple locations in England and Wales. Alongside our geographical expansion, we will be expanding the range of services to provide more holistic support to families who have affected by CSA, this currently includes plans to develop parent and child relational play service, family therapy, counselling for young people and a program of work to support professional in statutory and voluntary sector services to better understand CSA and to work more closely with non-abusing parents to provide support to the victims of CSA.
Mosac’s Head of Services will be responsible for all regional and national services in the organisation
- Lead on the design of all regional and national services and oversee the delivery and evaluation of each service.
- Line management of the managers of our national services and the regional managers to ensure we are providing holistic and consistent delivery to our clients across the UK
- Work closely with the Head of Development and the CEO to explore new services and new regions to develop Mosac’s work. Work with new regional clinical partners to design these services and to finalise new partnership relationships across the UK
- Responsibility for the wellbeing and professional development of the service and regional managers/leads and will work with the volunteer managers to support the wellbeing and development of our invaluable volunteers
- Oversee the implementation of all our policies and procedures throughout the services
- Lead on the safeguarding for national services and support our regional safeguarding leads in their local safeguarding procedures and practice
- Attend national/International events/conferences and learning opportunities to raise the profile of our work
- Support our regional managers to build strong local partnerships and to build good relationships with other key stakeholders
- Be an active member of the Mosac Senior Leadership team and input in all aspects of Mosac’s operational and strategic planning
- At least five years’ experience of managing multi-regions and/or national services
- Experience of the design, delivery and evaluation of therapeutic services for those impacted by trauma
- Experience of line managing other managers, including management of remote teams
- Experience of supporting the professional development and wellbeing of teams
- Experience of developing new services in a new city/region
- Experience of building partnerships with other organisations to develop new, jointly delivered services
- Experience of representing the organisation at national/international conferences and events
- Experience of being the safeguarding lead for multiple services
- High level communication skills, including experience of communicating effectively across cultures and with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to write appropriate service reports
- Excellent IT skills – with a good knowledge of online tools including zoom, google drive etc
Personal Attributes and behaviours
- Empathy with Mosac’s clients
- Inspiring leader
- Solution focused problem solver
- Highly resilient
- Ability to manage own/ joint workload and prioritise tasks for self and others
- Conscientious and self-disciplined
- Demonstrates the ability to build rapport quickly and to understand needs, wants and expectations of clients and volunteers
- Works effectively and calmly under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to guide, support and develop volunteers
How to Apply
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Please include the role that you are applying for in the subject of the email
We will be reviewing applications as we receive them and interview suitable candidates on a rolling basis until we find the right person fro the role.